If you’re considering holding an event and need to raise funds or market your event you may want to consider using wrist bands. In the past few years promotional wristbands have become an increasingly popular way to achieve a whole host of marketing and fundraising objectives for your event.
There are a huge variety of wristbands available for personalisation that can be used for hundreds of different purposes and campaigns. Wristbands are worn by people of all ages for all manner of reasons and have become a perfectly acceptable way for people to show their support and allegiance with whatever the wristbands represent.
Using Wrist Bands to Fundraise for Your Event.
Using wristbands to raise funds for your event is one of the most cost effective and versatile routes available today. They come in many styles and colours and can even be debossed with your company message or logo for extra added style. There’s really no hard sell with wrist bands as they are incredibly popular and often used as a memento of the event.
Their low cost means you can even order lots of different versions of the wristband with using diverse messaging & colours. Some wrist band vendors will even put a QR Code onto the wristband which can help drive visitors to your website and be encouraged to learn about future events. Also, using wristbands can help simplify your marketing message when used in conjunction with other marketing collateral such as social media campaigns.
Using WristBands to Fundraise for Your Cause.
2004 saw the launch of the Livestrong Wristband Campaign for Cancer Research which used personalised wristbands that were made of debossed yellow silicone. I think we can skip the current controversy surrounding Lance Armstrong and move swiftly on to the massive success of this fundraising campaign for a very important cause.
It was the success of this cause that launched fundraising wristbands onto the world stage, on to the wrists and into the living rooms of hundreds of thousands of people right across the globe. Following on from this success, wristbands were adopted by charitable causes ranging from the Make Poverty History Wristband Campaign to the British Heat Foundation and many, many more.
Wristbands can be used to:
- Encourage donations
- Show your support
- Raise awareness
They are extremely light and very comfortable to wear and can easily be purchased in large or small quantities from a variety of online vendors. If you have a charitable cause that you want to raise funds and awareness for it’s definitely worth considering using wristbands as a cost effective and simplified route to success.
Five of the Most Successful Wristband Campaigns.
- Believe in Magic – Worn and signed by celebrities the world over the Believe in Magic Campaign for terminally ill children helped raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for this worthy cause.
- Make Poverty History – So incredibly that this campaign has sold more than eight million white silicone wristbands.
- Breast Cancer Research – Debossed with the words “Support, Knowledge, Strength” this distinctive pink charity wristband helped raise millions for their cause.
- Red Cross – After the 2004 tsunami red silicone wristbands were produced to help raise funds for people affected by this devastating natural disaster.
- HIV & AIDS – Used in conjunction and to complement the well-known red ribbon the red silicone wristband was also launched for supporters to wear.